Bookmobile Patron Appreciation February 25, 2012Posted by patchettd in Bookmobile.
Tags: Bookmobile, M&M's, patron appreciation
add a comment
The Bookmobile celebrated Patron Appreciation Day on Monday, February 13th, with M&Ms! An M&M’s dispenser was filled with red, pink and white M&M’s, and a few green. Each patron had the opportunity to pull the handle once for a handful of candy. If they got a green M&M in that handful, they also were able to pick a prize. We had so much fun with this activity that we carried it over to the next day which was Valentine’s Day and then decided to carry it over for the remainder of the week.
The Chemung County Library District wants to hear from you! CCLD Strategic Plan 2013-2017 February 14, 2012Posted by cclddirector in Community, Director's Comments, District News.
add a comment
We would like to invite you to share your thoughts and ideas about library services and priorities and help guide our strategic planning efforts to chart the course of the District’s future.
We are asking our community members to take a few minutes to complete a survey available on the library’s website http://ccld.lib.ny.us until March 9th. Patrons also have the option of completing a paper copy at any of the District’s branches. Survey responses will help guide future growth and services.
We encourage you to “think big” about future library services and the District’s role in the community. Our goal is to identify community needs and determine how they can best meet.
The planning process will include public and staff surveys, talking to community leaders and studying demographic trends in the County. The findings will be used to develop strategic initiatives that will broaden the scope and enhance the quality of services provided to patrons. The goal is to have the project completed by July when the final report will be released.
We are hopeful for a high level of participation as the recent budget vote showed that libraries are high on Chemung County resident’s priority list. We want to make sure we continue providing the resources and programs that meet the needs and expectations of our users now and in the future.
This survey is an important part of the process in developing the District’s strategic plan, which will provide a blueprint for the next five years for the Library.
Library Lovers’ Month at Horseheads February 9, 2012Posted by ackermanj in Horseheads.
Tags: horseheads, library
add a comment
- We love our patrons and on Mon. Feb. 13 during our Patron Appreciation Day we’ll show you how…stop in for goodies all day and enter a chance to win a gift basket!
- Bring your kids to our fun storytimes, Tuesday and Thursday mornings with Miss Michelle and Miss Amanda….they always have fun things planned.
- Attend one of our many adult programs….Tuesday noontime film series, a Lit Lovers group or computer classes.
- Pick up tickets for the Horseheads Friends of the Library Wine and Roses Event to be held on March 24….tickets are $25
- Join our newly formed Coffee & Conversation Group, in conjunction with the Literacy Volunteers to promote conversational English as a second language.
- Stop in and pick up tax forms.
- Ask us about downloading Ebooks, and our upcoming devices that will be able to circulate to our patrons, from funds provided by our Library Foundation.
- Leap Year Day Special….only comes around every 4 years, fun for kids on Feb. 29!
- Check out our Books Plus Kits…great for preschoolers through middle schoolers, a whole lot of info in one big bag that you can check out for two weeks!
- And…of course, a great selection of books, videos, and audiobooks to choose from, plus public computer access…all for free, when you have a library card.
Hope to see you soon at the Horseheads Library!
2012 Friends Annual Book Sale February 2, 2012Posted by CCLD in Friends.
Tags: book sale, friends
add a comment
The Friends of the Steele Memorial Library will be holding its annual book sale at the Arnot Mall over two weekends in February 2012. Thursday February 9-Sunday February 12, and Thursday February 16- Saturday February 18, with a bag sale on February 18. This year the sale will be held in he area by the JCPenney store. There will be a large variety of books, from children to adult, fiction sports, paperbacks, biographies, and much more. The prices of the books range from $.50 to $3.00. Last year the sale took in over $25,000 which was used for the library to fund programs and learning material.
Tom Rupp Co-Chair
Karen Nisco Co-Chair
Dean Butts Co-Chair